The Old Farm Barns Booking & Cancellation Policy
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between The Old Farm Barns (referred to as “The Old Farm Barns, or We or Us”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “the Customer, or Your or You”) in the following booking conditions. UK Law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until We have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to this booking & cancellation policy along with our terms & conditions. Both must be read and complied with. Confirmation of your booking confirms to Us that You have read and agreed to both the booking & cancellation Policy and Our T&C’s.
The party leader must be at least 21 years of age at the time of booking and prior to arrival we must be provided with a list containing the names, ages, Postcodes and contact details of all guests (if under 18 just their names, ages and addresses will be enough).
To secure your booking a deposit of 25% of the cost of your stay is required. The remaining balance is required two weeks prior to your stay. Bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing.
Cancellation of Booking –
The following cancellation reasons will automatically entitle you to a refund –
- If your booking must be cancelled because The Old Farm Barns is put under Government Restrictions and must close over any or all of Your booking
- If Your address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, meaning You are unable to travel here, and the period of restriction covers any part of your booking
- Force Majeure – If your booking must be cancelled because The Old Farm Barns must close for any (but not limited to) the following reasons-
- Natural disasters, Acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other
- Epidemic or pandemic
- Any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent
- Terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking diplomatic relations
- Nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom
- Collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident
- Non-performance by our suppliers or contractors
- Failure of utility service
- Any other justifiable reason We deem to be necessary for the interest of Us and/or You
The following cancellation reasons do not automatically entitle You to a refund –
- Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at The Old Farm Barns for any reason.
This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, changes in circumstances regarding family/friends who have booked another cottage at The Old Farm Barns who are no longer coming, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These all remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless We can re-let the property.
Should you need to amend your booking we will endeavour to help. This will be subject to availability, seasonality, and any differences in price for an amended stay and any changes will need to be discussed and agreed with us at least two weeks prior to arrival.
We strongly recommended You take out UK travel insurance to cover varying eventualities. It is possible to find insurance companies that will cover the following (legally we can’t recommend any specific company)–
Pandemic, Epidemic, jury duty, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, military service, illness – including Covid and shielding, family emergencies and travel delays.
If you cancel your booking at least 6 weeks prior to your arrival date, we will refund your deposit in full minus 10% for booking fees.
If you cancel your booking less than six weeks prior to your arrival date but before your remaining balance has been paid, then we will refund your deposit less 10% booking fee if we successfully relet the cottage for the same price. If we don’t manage to re let the property we will keep your deposit.
If you cancel your booking after you have paid your remaining balance (two weeks or less before arrival date) then we will refund you the full amount less 10% booking fee if we successfully relet the cottage for the same price. If we have to let the cottage for less than what you have paid then we will refund you what the new price is less 10% booking fee. If we are unable to re let the property in the time given, you will receive no refund.